- You can start engraving “Northern Iowa” on the MVC championship trophy. With the win over Wichita State tonight, it’s over. I love watching the Panthers.
- Hard to believe how fast Iowa State became irrelevent this season. I thought the Cyclones were NCAA tourney bound, but that seems like ages ago. Greg McDermott is a perfect fit in many ways, but if he doesn’t win, fans won’t care about the rest.
- Everyone realizes the players at Iowa are trying hard. That’s just not a Big Ten caliber team.
- I can’t get too excited about National Signing Day. I care when they start wearing the uniforms.
- Another classic Ferentz class. Nowhere near the top ten, but guys who fit the system, and several will end up in the NFL.
- Paul Rhoads brought in Iowa State’s best class in nearly a decade. That video from the Nebraska visitor’s locker room didn’t hurt.
- Of the 10 Oscar nominees for best picture, I’ve only seen Avatar, The Blind Side, District 9, The Hurt Locker, and Inglourious Basterds. 50%! That’s a new low for me. Of the movies I’ve seen, I liked The Blind Side the most, and think Inglourious Basterds was the best picture, Hurt Locker second.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.