- The Cowboys are done. Can’t believe they have just one win. Has there ever been a more overrated team going into the season?
- Who is the NFC’s best team? It’s wide open with mediocrity right now.
- It’s hard to take one’s eyes off Brett Favre right now—it’s a tragicomedy with occasional glimpses of glory. Favre looked 51, not 41, while limping off the field Sunday night. With two fractures in his ankle, who knows when/if we’ll see him again, but I hope we do. Love him, hate him, it’s always a great show.
- How ’bout Iowa State’s Jake Lattimer. In his first career start, he’s the Big 12 defensive player of the week. Where can he go from here…
- Lost in Saturday’s clock mismanagement debate is another terrific outing by Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi. He’s actually underrated this season, which almost doesn’t seem possible.
- Former Iowa quarterback Paul Burmeister of the NFL Network is a straight shooter, and Monday he told me Hawkeye fans could not have a better coach in Kirk Ferentz, and that Ferentz is a 10 out of a possible 10. Paul says Iowa could not have a better coach, and fans need to remember that—especially after tough losses.
- I think the Rangers will win the World Series.
- KXnO’s new morning team should prove entertaining. Travis Justice will tell you exactly how he feels about anything, and Tim Fisher is a pro looking for the right show; this could be it. It always comes down to chemistry, but I’ll be rooting for TNT.
- I’m watching HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, and for a few seconds, it suddenly went porno on me. Wow.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.