- Nobody’s perfect. Can’t believe the Giants knocked the Rangers Cliff Lee out of the game. Easy to tell the country is not gripped with World Series fever, but I for one am glad to see some new blood in there. Sloppy game 1, but still fun.
- Friday it felt like spring, Wednesday winter. Come on old man, let us ramp up to the misery. the high school football playoffs were COLD.
- The mostly unneeded round one had a couple of upsets proponents will point to for years: 3-6 Urbandale stunned 9-0 Council Bluffs Abe Lincoln, and 3-6 Waukee surprised 8-1 Ft. Dodge.
- I loved watching the Celtics beat the Heat on opening night.
- Matt Gatens tearing a tendon in his non-shooting hand won’t ruin Iowa’s season—it’s a transitional year anyway—but Gatens is a hard worker who always looked like he belonged in the Big Ten, even when others in the Lickliter years did not. Tough bounce for Gatens, I hope he’s back soon.
- I watched Masterpiece Theater this week on PBS. That’s a sentence I never thought I’d type. The update of Sherlock Holmes was entertaining.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.