- Way to go, Tom Hess! The Urbandale bowler won his first PBA tournament, and it’s a big one, a major, the Masters. Tom just called me on his way back from Reno. He was driving through Salt Lake City at 1 a.m. and said he’d stop at a hotel when he was tired, but wanted to make it back to Iowa as soon as possible.
- Better bowling movie, Big Lebowski or Kingpin? I’ll go with Kingpin, but I’ll bet I’m in the minority.
- The Hawkeyes served up a reminder Sunday of just how far they have to go. There are reasons for optimism, as we saw last week, but Iowa needs better shooters. Minnesota just zoned Iowa out of the game early.
- SoundOff featured exactly one call on basketball. One! I can’t recall a season with less passion in mid-February because all fans realize they’re not headed to The Dance. (Men’s basketball anyway. The ISU, Iowa, and UNI women could all make the tourney.)
- Time to watch the Grammys on DVR. My two favorite Albums this year, in order: 1) Arcade Fire’s The Suburbs. 2) Eminem’s “Recovery”.
- Don’t miss “Jamie Pollard’s Grammy Jammy”. Check the SoundOff video player: http://www.whotv.com/sports/soundoff/
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.