- We knew Iowa State was likely in for a long Big 12 basketball season, but at times, it’s hard to watch. Hard to watch partly because there’s so much effort, but not enough talent or depth to win. 10 straight conference losses is hard on fans, worse for the players and coaches.
- UNI Senior Kwadzo Ahelegbe deserved to win his final game at the McLeod Center.
- Any team planning to beat the Des Moines East girls at the state basketball tournament better pack a lunch.
- Ed Podolak is in for a long, painful recovery. His daughter Laura asks anyone wanting to send well-wishes leave a message on his Facebook page. Key words: Ed Podolak. Gary Dolphin told me today Ed can take his time getting better, as he long as he’s back for the first Hawkeye football game. That would be great, and I’ll bet Ed makes it.
- I made plans to see my lifelong best friend for a few days next month. I’m already looking forward to it. If you have a best friend you haven’t seen or talked to in a while, I highly recommend it. I need to do it more.
- The Saturday Night Live behind the scenes special Sunday night was terrific. It’s hard to fathom how much talent has been on the show, including many who didn’t really break out until later (Robert Downey Jr, Chris Rock, Larry David, Sarah Silverman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Damon Wayons, Jay Mohr, Joan Cusack… and the list goes on.)
- Four days until BaconFest.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.