- 4 cups cake crumbs - dry to the touch
- 1 cup chocolate buttercream frosting
- 1 ½ teaspoons Royal Raspberry chocolate flavoring
- Chocolate candy coating- melt in a microwave safe bowl, in 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
- Sprinkles, sugar, dry cakes crumbs or cookies crumbs to roll balls in.
- Add buttercream to cake crumbs 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Mix by hand and continue to add buttercream until crumbs have consistency of wet sand and stick together.
- Add Royal Raspberry flavoring.
- Roll into balls the size of a golf ball.
- Freeze balls until very firm.
- Dip each in chocolate using a fork or a dipping spoon. Tap the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Roll chocolate dipped balls in dry crumbs or sugar to coat.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
Note: if you wish to do them as cake “pop” or on a stick be sure to put the stick into the ball before freezing.
304 5th Street in Historic Valley Junction, West Des Moines.
For more information on Carefree Patisserie, visit their website here.