Grilled Sliders with Cheesy Onions (Best Buddies Chef Challenge)
Prep: 35 minutes Grill: 6 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 ounces)
- 12 cocktail buns, split and toasted
1. In a large bowl combine ground beef and chili powder; mix well. Shape mixture into 12 small patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or a grill pan. Preheat to medium. Place patties on grill rack or in pan. If using a grill with a cover, close lid. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked through. If using an uncovered grill or a grill pan, turn patties once halfway through grilling.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions are golden. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Serve burgers in buns with cheesy onions. Makes 12 mini burgers
For more information on the Best Buddies Chef Challenge, please visit their website here.