- 1 lb 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided into 4
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Simmer balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat until it is the consistency of
thin maple syrup – about 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, salt, pepper, dried basil and parmesan cheese. Divide
turkey mixture into four, equal portions.
3. Wrap an old peanut butter jar lid with foil, then lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top.
Divide one portion of the turkey mixture in half, then press one half into the bottom of
the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with the other turkey
half. Press together, then invert the patty by pulling up on the plastic wrap. Seal the edges
with your hands, then place on the grill. Continue with other turkey portions until you
have 4 patties total. Grill burgers for 4 minutes a side over medium-high heat.
4. For Bruschetta mixture: combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Top grilled burgers with Bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.