(Whole turkey – raw in a roasting pan)
1. Selection of the turkey
- 1 pound per person
- Store turkeys, fresh vs frozen
- thaw 5 pounds per day in refrigerator
- cost less than $2 a pound
(Whole turkey – in a bag brining)
2. Seasoning & Roasting
- roast in pan with sides, lid or foil
- Roasting bags option
- Roast in 325 degree oven.
- Season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning = simple
- Brine – salt & water combo overnight
(Cooked turkey – on a carving board)
- 15 to 20 minutes per pound
- take its temperature in more than one spots
- The breast should reach 165 degrees.
- The thigh should reach 175 degrees.
- Test both sides of the bird.
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes, carve.