SPROUT LAWSUIT: A West Des Moines woman is suing a sandwich company after eating tainted sprouts
An Iowa woman who got sick after eating tainted sprouts has filed a lawsuit against Jimmy John’s for serving her unsafe food.
Heather Tuttle was diagnosed withE. coliafter eating a turkey sandwich from Jimmy John’s in West Des Moines. She filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking damages for pain and suffering resulting from the food poisoning.
Tuttle is one of 12 residents whose recent illnesses have been traced back to raw sprouts served at Jimmy John’s.
According to the lawsuit, this is the fifth outbreak involving sprouts and Jimmy John’s since 2008.