Begin by making recipe for Lobster Stock as follows;
Lobster Stock: (Yields 2 Qts.) Serves 4
*Pre Heat oven at 400 degrees*
- 5 pounds of lobster shells
- 3 carrots (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 3 yellow onions (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 2 fennel bulbs (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- 1 cup of dry cooking sherry
- 1 gallon water
- 1 pound of cherry tomatoes (cut in half and drizzled with olive oil)
In large roasting pan combine first four ingredients and roast in oven until golden brown. (Between 35-45 mins) Transfer to large stock pot and add tomato paste, sherry and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until mixture is reduced by half. Strain. Place tomatoes on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Blend the roasted tomatoes and strain then combine into the lobster stock and salt to taste.
Seafood Cioppino: Serves 4
- 2 pounds of raw jumbo shrimp (peel & devein)
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops (jumbo size)
- 1 pound of fresh mussels
- 1 pound of fresh rockfish
- 4 shallots
- ½ cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Batch of lobster stock
Saute mussels, shallots and butter until mussels start to open. Add the tomatoes, shrimp, scallops and lobster stock. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pan sear the rock fish until golden brown on each side. Divide the seafood stew into four bowls placing the rock fish on top. Add a dab of pernod butter* and garnish with garlic bread.
Pernod Butter: Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons of softened unsalted butter
- 1 oz. pernod
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- dash of salt
Combine all ingredients and mix together until blended smooth.
For more information on Aunt Maude’s visit their website here.