Noodles & Co. Japanese Pan Noodles (with shrimp)
- 1 lb wheat noodles
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup carrots (julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup scallions (cut on the bias)
- 1/2 cup red peppers (julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms (de-stemmed)
- 1 T fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 T pure sesame oil
- 1 cup sweet soy sauce
- 2 T Chile garlic sauce
- 1 t black sesame seeds
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled and de-veined)
1. Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain and cool in ice water.
2. Drain, let rest and toss noodles with sesame oil.
3. Blanch broccoli and carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
4. Place large saute pan over high heat. Add canola oil and saute mushrooms until lightly golden.
5. Add shrimp, carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, Chile garlic sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Cook until noodles are caramelized or golden.
6. Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
If you'd like more information on Noodles & Co., please visit their website here.