ARTS FESTIVAL: Event Begins Friday
The Des Moines Arts Festival is taking over downtown Des Moines.
The gates don’t open until Friday at 11:00 a.m., but set-up for the festival is already underway. More tents and stages are going up and vendors are putting the final touches on their displays in Western Gateway Park.
Several roads are closed downtown because of the Arts Festival and that could make getting around difficult. The following roads are shut down:
- Locust Street from 16th St to 10th St
- Grand Ave from 11th St to 16th St
- 15th St from Ingersoll Ave to alley south of Locust St
- 12th St from Walnut St to Grand Ave
- 13th St from Grand Ave to Walnut St
- 14th St from Grand Ave to Linden St
Admission for the Arts Festival is free but the art will cost you. There will be live music performances, interactive art activities, and food vendors along with displays from the participating artists.
Visit the Channel 13 booth on the east side of the Meredith lawn and you could meet your favorite WHO-HD personality.