MONSANTO SCARE: Vapors Caused By Rupture
Emergency crews were called to an Ankeny plant Tuesday afternoon on reports of an explosion.
Fire officials say a small container being used in a chemical process at the Monsanto plant was over pressurized and ruptured. It sent chemical vapors into the air.
The Ankeny Fire Department and Des Moines hazmat responded around 12:30 p.m.
One employee was in the room when the container exploded and was sent to the hospital as a precaution.
Hazmat crews are making sure the facility is safe, before letting employees back inside.