RESTAURANT CLOSED: Fire Shuts Down Whistle Stop

Capture

A Boone restaurant will not be open Friday after an overnight fire.

Crews were called to the Whistle Stop Cafe at 1102 Story Street at 12:14 after a passerby reported seeing smoke coming from the restaurant.

When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the building.

They were able to locate the fire in the kitchen near the grill and put it out.

Fire Chief, Justin Adams says the restaurant owner had been using the grill to boil water to wash dishes so he could stay open while the city is under a boil order.

Adams says that may have led to the fire. “It appears during the process, somehow, the heat conducted to the wall and throughout the night began to smolder and fester more.”

Adams says the fire did about $20,000 worth of damage to the Whistle Stop Cafe.  It will remain closed until repairs can be made.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 965 other followers