HOUSE DAMAGED: Fire Started By Electrical Issue
Fire investigators say house fire on Des Moines’ south side Wednesday morning was accidental.
Crews were called to 3126 SW 12th Place around 5:40 a.m. when a passerby noticed smoke coming from the home. Firefighters say stacked and boxed items made it difficult for them to search the home for victims. There were no injuries reported.
The fire began in the kitchen because of an electrical malfunction but spread to several other rooms. Investigators estimate about $30,000 in damage was done by the fire.
The owner of the home is out of town.