DEADLY FIRE: Cause Found In Lake City Blaze

fire

The investigation is complete into a fatal fire in Lake City that took the lives of a woman and three children.

Lake City’s fire chief, Mel Alcox, says a metal lamp cord got stuck in the couch cushions, overheated, and started the couch on fire.

Alcox says the room where the fire started was being renovated and the walls and insulation were exposed. He says that caused the fire to quickly spread through the home.

He also says there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Twenty-two-year-old Tyra Pierson, her 8-year-old sister Madison, 3-year-old brother Wyatt and Tyra’s 10-month-old son were killed in Tuesday’s fire.

Their cause of death has been determined as smoke and soot inhalation.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 910 other followers