IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

ANKENY FIRE: Unattended Cooking Was Cause

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

Ankeny firefighters were called to a home on Elm Street Wednesday morning on a house fire.

The call came in around 8:30 a.m. When firefighters arrived at 317 Elm Street they found the kitchen on fire. Officials say the homeowner had been cooking breakfast on the stove when she became distracted. That’s when the fire started.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly but the kitchen suffered extensive damage and the rest of the home has smoke damage.

The cost of the damage has not been released.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the homeowner.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,908 other followers