TAX HELP: United Way Filing Assistance

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Central Iowans looking for some help getting their taxes filed can get some free assistance.

The United Way of Central Iowa’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites are open for the season.

Anyone who earned $50,000 or less in 2012, can bring their paperwork to one of eight locations and receive help from an IRS certified volunteer.
United Way estimates that volunteers will help with over 4,000 returns by April. 

According to the United Way the average refund for someone making $50,000 is around $1,600.

Site locations and information on what to bring with you is available here.