This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An overnight house fire in east Iowa leaves a family trying to figure out what’s left and what’s next.

The fire started around 11 p.m. Saturday night in Eldridge. It took fire fighters about two hours to put out the flames.

All that was left of the home was a pile of rubble.

The family had lived in the home for the past three decades.

Family members say they’re thankful for all the volunteers who’ve come by to help them today.

“Cant say enough about the Eldridge volunteer fire department, they are the best I think.”

Having lost so much, son, John Green told our sister station, KWQC that his parents still have the most important thing; their life, “We like material things but we don’t put our faith in material things, my mom and dad are both strong Christians and they are going to make it really well.”

Investigators believe the fire may have started in the chimney of a wood-burning stove and then spread to the attic.