MOLD FOUND: No Classes At Chariton High School
High school students in Chariton had the day off from classes Friday after mold was found inside the school.
The Chariton Community School District says they called Service Master after a leak was discovered in the school’s roof. Mold was discovered in the drywall during cleanup and the district decided to remove students until it could be cleaned.
The district says it wanted to err on the side of caution and for student safety canceled classes at the high school Friday.
Air quality tests will be completed and once safe levels are found, students will be able to return.