Western Iowa roadways were impacted by the storm Sunday. This was the state of the roads as of 1.00 a.m. Monday morning:
- Avoid travel between Des Moines and Omaha on I-80.
- Services/parking is limited/full along I-80 in western Iowa with traffic along the route backed up. Where possible seek refuge in Des Moines if traveling west or Omaha/Council Bluffs if traveling east.
- Travel’s not advised on I-35 north of Ames
- DOT says not to travel on the state highways in northwest/west central Iowa after snow plows suspend operations due to dangerous conditions. They will resume 5 a.m. Monday.
- Much of IA 141, US 30and US 59 around Denison is impassible.
1.15 a.m. – I-380 northbound has reopened near Cedar Rapids
9:35 p.m. – I-80 westbound exit 46 and 51 near Walnut has reopened.
8.20 p.m. – Interstate 80 has reopened between exits 34 and 40 in Shelby to Avoca in Pottawattamie County. Both lanes were blocked due to an accident.
7.15 p.m. – I-29 was blocked both ways near exit 95 in Harrison County but has reopened.
Blockages were the result of multiple crashes.
For the latest travel conditions, click here.