ATTIC FIRE: Flames Smoulder Overnight

Generic Fire

A couple in Mason City woke up to a fire in the attic of their home.

The Mason City Fire Department responded to a call shortly before 8 a.m.

It took them about an hour and a half to extinguish the fire.

Investigators determined it had actually been smoldering all night long while the tenants were asleep. They had extinguished a grease fire on the stove the night before, but were unaware the flames had traveled up a vent and into the attic and ignited the insulation.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 963 other followers