IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

ELECTRICAL FIRE: Apartment Residents Displaced

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Generic Fire

An apartment fire in Ames displaced residents in all six units Friday night.

Fire crews responded to calls of a possible fire in the electrical panel of the single story building located at 1018 Lincoln Way just before 8 p.m.

Once on the scene firefighters found the fire had spread into the walls and attic. They were able to contain the fire, but one apartment and the buildings utility room sustained an estimated $45,000 in damage.

All of the residents escaped unharmed, the Red Cross is working to find them places to stay.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,937 other followers