Former Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is negotiating a settlement with a former campaign aide from Johnston over a stolen email list.
Bachmann met with lawyers for Barb Heki in Des Moines on Monday according to the Minnesota Star Tribune.
Heki worked alongside Milo Republican Kent Sorenson on the Bachmann campaign in 2012. Last summer Heki filed a suit claiming Sorenson stole the email list of contacts for a Christian home school group from her personal computer.
No details of the settlement talks have been released.
Last week, staffer, Chris Dorr said he accidentally accessed that list from the group, NICHE, not Sorenson. However, Bachmann adviser Eric Woolson said Sorenson admitted taking the email list from Heki in a sworn affidavit, though Sorenson has publicly denied taking it.
Sorenson is also accused of taking nearly $50,000 from a Bachmann donor’s firm as he worked as Bachmann’s state co-chairman, possibly violating senate ethics rules.