HOUSE FIRE: Child Left Home Alone Rescued

A 21-year-old in eastern Iowa was charged with child endangerment after his two-year-old was found home alone in a burning house.

But his neighbors defended him.  They said he is a good dad who made a bad mistake.

Investigators said Edgar Mendoza from Davenport drove his girlfriend to work on August 30th.

The little boy was asleep on the couch when the family left him home alone.  While they were gone, a pan with hot grease caught fire.

First responders rescued the boy in time.  The boy’s mother is not charged in the case.

Neighbors said the case should serve as a warning to every parent or caretaker.

Authorities have not said how the little boy is doing.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 964 other followers