WHO-HD announced today that RV-TV, the station’s week-long Iowa/Iowa State tailgate party, is again hitting the road starting Monday. The Channel 13 Sports Team will be headquartered in an incredible luxurious Plaza RV parked right in the center of town.
The award-winning Channel 13 Sports Team will make overnight stops in Creston, Jefferson, Webster City and Iowa Falls on their way to Ames for the big game on Saturday, September 14th. Viewers can watch WHO-HD’s RV-TV coverage all week long on Channel 13 News at 5, 6, & 10 PM starting Monday, September 9th.
Here is RV-TV’s location in each of the Iowa towns we’re visiting:
- Monday 9/9 Creston – Parking lot of old train depot north of the RR tracks long Adams Street
- Tuesday 9/10 Jefferson – South side of courthouse, in front of bell tower.
- Wednesday 9/11 Webster City – Second Street, just east of Des Moines Street intersection
- Thursday 9/12 Iowa Falls – West side of Stevens Street, just north of Estes Street intersection
- Friday 9/9 Ames – South end of Jack Trice Stadium
The Channel 13 Sports team includes Sports Director Keith Murphy, Sound Off co-anchor Andy Fales, Weekend Anchor/Reporter John Sears and Michael Admire, the newest member of the team.
In addition to Hawkeye-Cyclone pregame coverage from Creston to Ames, RV-TV will also include a significant web presence including a mountain of stats and facts about the rivalry, a special RV-TV blog plus photos all located on station’s special RV-TV page.
This is the 13th year for RV-TV and as the tradition grows, so do the celebrations in each town we visit This year, the RV-TV crew is already hearing about big celebrations at each of their stops.
“We never know quite what to expect which is part of the fun,” say Sports Director Keith Murphy. “But one thing we can always count on is great Iowa hospitality. RV-TV could only work in Iowa.”