13-news-80x801
Channel 13 News: Everywhere you are!

Every newscast streamed LIVE!

FATAL PARTY: Teen Died From Methadone Overdose

Posted on: 9:15 pm, September 20, 2013, by

Aaliyah West

The cause of death for the Dallas Center-Grimes High School student found dead at a friend’s house in June has been released.

Seventeen-year old Aaliyah Jade West suffered an overdose of methadone, the Des Moines Register reports.

The autopsy showed no trace of alcohol with the synthetic morphine.

Friends of Aaliyah’s shortly after her death on June 22nd alleged her drink had been ‘spiked.’

She would have been a senior at Dallas Center Grimes High School this fall.

Methadone is a prescription drug used to treat chronic pain and heroin addiction. It has been blamed for one other teen death in Iowa since June.

twitter-80x801
Follow Channel 13 News on Twitter

Headlines @WHOtv Behind-the-Scenes @WHOhd