FIREWORK EXPLOSION: Fort Dodge Police Investigate Arson
A Fort Dodge man woke up to a loud surprise Saturday afternoon.
The Fort Dodge Press reported that the man was injured after a man in his home set off a commercial-grade firework in his house. The injured man said he was sleeping at the time the explosion happened but awoke to a man he didn’t know in his house.
The Fort Dodge Police said the explosion was contained to just one room in the man’s house and the man was uninjured except for a few light scratches on his forehead.
Police said they along with the Iowa Fire Marshal’s office will be investigating the arson. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Fort Dodge Police.