HOUSE FIRE: Des Moines Home Destroyed
Two people are without a home after their house caught fire Thursday.
Des Moines firefighters responded to 1941 Francis Drive around 2:00 p.m. Officials are not sure how the fire started but believe it began in the front of the house.
No one was home at the time except a dog, which authorities are still looking for.
The homeowner thinks it could have been caused by faulty wiring.
“The wiring is old it was in bad shape it’s hard telling,” says Jeanette Miller.
Firefighters believe the house is a complete loss.