Toss aside the gravy. Here is a delicious topping you may have not thought about for your turkey!
Roasted Turkey Breast with Blue Cheese Sauce
For the turkey:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4 to 8 pound) bone in turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 3/4 medium yellow onion, cut into 3 pieces
For the serving sauces:
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces
For more information, visit the Iowa Turkey Federation here.