A Fort Dodge police officer is credited with save six people from a burning home.
The fire sparked around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of 3rd Avenue North.
Authorities say Sergeant Joel Lizer was responding to a different call when he saw smoke and went into the home to wake up the four adults and two children. Everyone managed to get out safely.
Officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
The fire started accidentally when a hot lamp caught materials on fire.
The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.