MOVED IN: Fire Claims New Home
Just a couple of days after moving into their new home, a Clive family has to start over.
On the second day of making the new house a home a fire started Saturday morning around 12 a.m.
Exhausted from moving into his new home, it took Danny Engesser a moment to realize what had happened.
“It`s just heartbreaking because we looked for a house for a long time and found this one,” Engesser said. “We were pinching ourselves that we found this and just fell in love with it.”
The family thinks the fire started in the chimney and spread.
Engesser’s employer, Iowa Public Television, is collecting items for the family to help them get by for now.