IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

HOUSE FIRE: Space Heater Is Likely Cause

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

The Red Cross is helping six people who were displaced in a Tuesday morning fire in Des Moines.

A resident of 711 Douglas Avenue smelled smoke around 9:00 a.m.  He was able to get a sleeping woman and infant out of the home.

Crews discovered the fire in the basement and were able to put it out. The damage is estimated at $10,000.

Officials say a space heater powered by an extension cord is likely to blame for the fire.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,908 other followers