CONTINUING COVERAGE: FLOODS OF 2016

HOUSE FIRE: Des Moines Home Damaged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

Firefighters say a faulty electrical wire caused a Des Moines home to catch fire Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out around 6:00 a.m. in the 1600 block of Hickman. Crews were able to quickly knock down the fire.

Captain Steve Brown says the fire started in the attic and an electrical wire appears to be the cause. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

No one was hurt.

Damage to the home is estimated at $30,000.