BIN FIRE: Corn Burned Near Beaman


Fire crews responded to a grain bin fire Tuesday in Marshall County.

The Beaman Fire Department was called to the 19,000 mile of 100th Street, about a mile south of Beaman, around 2:52 p.m. Tuesday. The bin is owned by Stan Neff.

The fire was in the top part of the grain bin and firefighters used a bucket truck to cut a hole near the top of the bin to drain the burnt corn. About 5,000 bushels of corn were drained from the grain bin.

Officials say they believe the cause of the fire to be electrical.

The Conrad Fire Department, the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office, and first responders assisted at the scene of the fire.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,788 other followers