Centerville High School students will be out of school through at least Wednesday after a fire damaged the building.
Last Thursday the teacher’s lounge caught fire due to an electrical malfunction. The superintendent says there was an estimated $300,000 in damage to the school. Much of the expense is due to smoke damage to all three floors.
Crews have been on site for several days working to make the building safe. The district is hoping to have the students back in class by the end of the week.