Chia Seeds might be a good addition to your diet.
In every chia serving:
- 2x more Omega-3 ALA than walnuts
- 2x more fiber than oatmeal
- 21% more fiber than flax
- 3x more calcium than cottage cheese
- 68% of the calcium in a glass of milk
- As much iron as spinach
- 79% of the protein in an egg
- 46% of the folate in a glass of orange juice
Chia seeds absorb 10-12x their weight in water. They are great for weight loss as they make you feel full for longer!
You can incorporate chia seeds into some of your favorite foods to get the benefit. Add chia seeds to your yogurt. It adds a nice texture similar to having granola in your yogurt. You can even make pudding with chia seeds. Add chia seeds to a turkey burger. This will keep your burgers more moist.
If you have a question for Whitney, you can email her at email@example.com