DES MOINES, Iowa — Rain over the last few days has caused the Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers to rise. On Tuesday moring, the city of Des Moines announced the following road and trail closings due to high water.
- Des Moines River at 2nd Avenue (flood stage 23.’) is 20.12’ The Des Moines River at 2nd Avenue is expected to crest at 21.1′ on July 2.
- Des Moines River at SE 6th Street (flood stage 24′)* is at 25.40′. The Des Moines River at SE 6th Street is expected to crest at 26.6′ on July 1.
- Raccoon River at Fleur Dr. (flood stage 12′)* is at 14.1′. The Raccoon River at Fleur Drive is expected to crest at 14.2′ on July 1. The road is not expected to be closed but some flooding is expected in Water Works Park.
- Fourmile Creek (flood stage 12′)* is at 11.92′. The current level of Walnut Creek (flood stage 14’)* is at 8.89′.
- Birdland Drive from Saylor Road to 6th Avenue
- Prospect Road from Hickman to Martin Luther King Parkway
- George Flagg from SW 28th to Park Avenue
- SW 30th from George Flagg to Bell Avenue
- Williams Street from Dubuque Avenue to Four Mile Drive
- East Washington Avenue from Williams Street to East 42nd Street
- Four Mile Drive from East 40th Court to East 41st Court
- East Jefferson Avenue from East 38th Street to Four Mile Drive
- Mattern Avenue from East 38th Court to East 39th Court
- East 39th Street from Mattern Avenue to 300′ north East 37th Street from Easton Boulevard to Arthur Avenue
- Neal Smith Trail – Euclid Avenue to Saylor Road is closed
- Trestle to Trestle Trail west of Euclid Avenue bridge is closed
- Principal River Walk – Principal Park to Center Street
- Walnut Creek Trail – Center Street to Ashworth Pool
- Des Moines River Trail – SE 6th to Hartford Avenue
- Bill Riley Trail