JOHNSON COUNTY, Iowa – Flooding in eastern Iowa has caused Emergency Management officials to issue a mandatory evacuation order.
Five areas in Johnson County are affected due to rising water levels in Coralville Lake.
Residents of the listed areas must be evacuated by 12:30 p.m. Wednesday:
– Sand Road south of 560th Street to Highway 22
– 6979 and 6951 Tri County Bridge Road and Lola Lane SE
– All properties on River Front Estates Northeast
– Izaak Walton Road, SE; Camino Del Rio, SE; Driftwood Lane, SE; Ocean Boulevard, SE
– Winter Eagle Road SE, River Bend Road SE and Fountain Court SE
The reservoir is predicted to exceed the spillway by July 9 or 10. It last happened in 2008.
The American Red Cross is opening an emergency shelter at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Johnson County Fairgrounds.