Care Center Fined After Resident Swallows Batteries

GLENWOOD, Iowa — A southwest Iowa care center will have to pay a fine after a resident swallowed batteries.

The Glenwood Resource Center is an intermediate care facility for people with intellectual disabilities.

On June 2, a resident swallowed three batteries requiring treatment at the hospital.

The facility immediately reported the incident to the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals.

Thursday, the center was cited for failing to provide required supervision according to the resident’s service plan.

The center was given a $2,000.


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 890 other followers