Contractor Revived After Being Shocked on Drake Campus

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Emergency crews were called to Drake University’s campus Wednesday morning after a contractor suffered a serious electrical shock.

It happened at 1224 27th Street around 10 a.m.

A contractor with Green Construction was working on a transformer outside of Olin Hall when he suffered a shock.

The man didn’t have a heartbeat but people on the scene started CPR and were able to revive him before paramedics arrived.  He suffered serious burns to a hand, arm, and his head. He was taken to a local hospital for further treatment.

His name and condition have not been released.