Weather Warnings and Advisories
Weather Related Delays and Closings

Fire at J.C. Penny’s in Ames Causes Minor Smoke Damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AMES, Iowa -- A fire Sunday morning around 8:30 a.m. caused minor smoke damage to a J.C. Penny Store at North Grand Mall.  Firefighters said smoke was coming from a roof top vent.

Firefighters said smoke was coming from a rooftop vent. They located an air conditioning unit which was malfunctioning. Fans were used to blow smoke from the building.

A J.C. Penny Store Official said the store would be open for business on Sunday.