OTTUMWA, Iowa -- A popular bridal boutique in Ottumwa is ruined after a fire ripped through the building on Saturday evening.
Crews were called to The Bridal Cottage at approximately 5:15 p.m. after the store had closed for the day. When fire officials arrived on scene, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof. Shortly after, the chimney collapsed, causing the roof to cave in.
Firefighters believe the flames started on the second floor, but the fire marshal's office will continue to investigate. Officials plan to enter the building on Monday.
The store sells prom dresses and weddings gowns, and news of the fire sent some brides into a panic. Gabbi Ray of Hendrick posted a photo on Facebook on Saturday, saying, "Goodbye wedding dress."