LOCATION: WHO-TV, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: 3/18/14
POSITION TITLE: Control Room Technician
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The primary responsibilities of this position: To operate character generator, audio board, and/or studio camera for live and taped broadcast productions.
- Set up, test and operate all audio sources for broadcast and/or pre-production.
- To type in, record and call up later, all CG needed for broadcast and/or pre-production
- Thoroughly understanding all CG and audio equipment.
- Meet with director to find out show responsibilities and properly execute them.
- Ability to perform studio technician duties when needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A degree in communications
- One year experience in a television or production facility.
- Ability to type 35 WPM and must possess accurate spelling skills.
- Knowledge of various audio equipment, both playback and recording is preferred.
- Valid drivers license is required.
- Internal contacts: News Department, Promotion Department, Sales Department, Engineering Department, Traffic Department
- External contacts: Viewers, Clients
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested in this position, please email resume to Bill Pierson, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver resume to 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM. Fax information to (515) 242-3797.
Tribune Broadcasting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer