LOCATION: WHO-HD, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: 7/27/2015
POSITION TITLE: Control Room Technician
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The primary responsibilities of this position: To operate audio board and/or studio camera for live and taped broadcast productions.
- Set up, test and operate all audio sources for broadcast and/or pre-production.
- Thoroughly understanding all audio equipment.
- Meet with director to find out show responsibilities and properly execute them.
- Ability to operate studio camera and floor directing duties.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A degree in communications
- One year experience in a television or production facility.
- Ability to type 35 WPM and must possess accurate spelling skills.
- Knowledge of various audio equipment, both playback and recording is preferred.
- Valid drivers license is required.
- Internal contacts: News Department, Promotion Department, Sales Department, Traffic Department, Engineering Department
- External contacts: Viewers, Clients
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply to Bill Pierson c/o WHO-HD 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309 or email Bill.Pierson@WHOtv.com
WHO-HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer