LOCATION: Closed Captioning Center
POSTING DATE: 7/18/16
POSITION TITLE: Closed Captioning Assistant
REPORTS TO: Closed Captioning Supervisor
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION: Operate a real-time captioning system and associated technical equipment to perform real-time English caption of live programs. Full-time and part-time positions are non-exempt.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Multi-task (hear audio, voice what was heard, proof-read developing captions, – all simultaneously).
- Utilize a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words as necessary.
- Maintain Closed Captioning Center quality standards for accuracy and speed.
- Work specified on-call schedule, in addition to regular schedule.
- Ability to sit, hear, talk, use hands to fingers. Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Must be punctual, dependable, flexible, and possess a team attitude and willing to adapt to last-minute changes to programming, and industry that runs 24/7/365.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Broadcast captioning experience is a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent reading skills.
- Strong voicing skills/voice quality ability to speak quickly with clear enuciation.
- Excellent spelling/vocabulary.
- Strong memory-recall ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail.
- Calm/relaxed demeanor.
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology .
- Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible shifts (AM, PM, Weekends).
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested, please email resume to Bill.Pierson@WHOtv.com or deliver resume to 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer