LOCATION: WHO-TV, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: 4/6/15 – 4/20/15
POSITION TITLE: Multimedia Producer
REPORTS TO: News Director
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION: Produce, package and gather content for WHOtv.com, 13 Now mobile app, social media and other digital platforms.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Produce news content for digital and social media platforms.
- Write stories, package content for digital consumers.
- Monitor sources such as news releases, social media and digital trends for content.
- Manage station Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
- Produce platform-unique content.
- Thrive in a digitally-focused newsroom with constant deadlines.
- Handle high-stress breaking news, severe weather situations.
- Work flexible schedule and shifts.
- Cover major news events from the field.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and passion of emerging technology and trends
- Familiar with content management systems (WordPress preferred) and basic HTML code.
- Excellent writing, SEO-friendly headline writing, copy-editing skills and knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with still photography, editing images and graphics.
- Strong news judgment.
- 2 years newsroom, web/social media producing experience preferred.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Desk work, walking, and standing
- Internal contacts: All station personnel
- External contacts: General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested, apply in writing to: Rod Peterson News Director, WHO-HD 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309. Fax information to: (515) 242-3796 or email to Rod.Peterson@WHOtv.com.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer