LOCATION: WHO-HD Des Moines, IA.
POSTING DATE: 1/12/2015 – 2/13/2015
POSITION TITLE: Newscast Producer
REPORTS TO: News Director
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION: Produce newscasts, write stories for newscasts, gather information and write news stories for www.WHOtv.com. and WHO-HD social media news feeds.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Ability to produce newscasts.
- Ability to write stories for television, online sites and social-media news feeds.
- Ability to read newspaper and social-media networks for information.
- Ability to handle live breaking news.
- Ability to handle deadline pressure.
- Ability to give directions to anchors, reporters, photographers and directors.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literate
- 2 years television newsroom experience
- 2 years news-producing experience preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Work under extreme pressure, deadlines and adverse weather conditions.
- Desk work, walking and standing
- Internal contacts: All station personnel
- External contacts: General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested in this position, please email resume to Rod.Peterson@WHOtv.com or deliver resume to 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer