LOCATION: WHO-HD, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: 7/30/15
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Studio Technician
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The primary responsibilities of this position: Operate TV cameras (studio and remote) and teleprompter for live and taped broadcast productions as determined by the director.
- Physically move and operate controls of TV studio/remote cameras, and teleprompter for live & taped newscasts and updates.
- Prepare and distribute news scripts including late changes.
- Work together with other camera ops to act as floor director.
- Record segments for on air playback.
- Studio maintenance and upkeep.
- Constructing and tear down of remote sets.
- Commercial & promotion production.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED plus one year experience in a broadcast/production facility or a 2/4 year degree in communications
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Internal contacts: News Department, Promotion Department, Sales Department, Engineering Department
- External contacts: Special guests/VIPs, Viewers, Clients
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested, apply to Bill Pierson, Production Manager, 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309 or email to Bill.Pierson@WHOtv.com.
WHO-HD is an Equal Opportunity Employer