LOCATION: WHO-HD, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: 9/15/16 – 9/29/16
POSITION TITLE: Promotion Writer/Producer
REPORTS TO: Creative Services Director
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION:
The primary responsibilities of this position is to write, create, and produce memorable messages that attract audiences to watch Channel 13 News in larger numbers. To coordinate community service initiatives that portray WHO-HD as a good community citizen.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Produce, in a variety of mediums, effective promotional material that define station people and products to attract maximum viewers.
- Interact successfully with other departments to solve problems, plan strategy and execute sales and promotional initiatives.
- Master latest technology, including non-linear editing systems and software, so promotion can be produced daily, in an autonomous manner.
- Work with community service groups and clients to ensure that community and sales projects are successful.
- Work with promotion staff members help create positive morale in station by sharing promotional initiatives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4 year degree in journalism, advertising, or marketing or comparable experience in related field. One year’s previous experience in producing news promotion efforts preferred.
- Write effective, emotional, viewer and research driven copy with appropriate visuals to get one message to stand out and be remembered
- Ability to work and interact as a team, helping out other departments where possible
- Organizational skills
- Non-linear editing skills
- Internal contacts: News, Programming, Sales, Engineering
- External contacts: Viewers, Community Organizations
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply at www.tribunemedia.com/careers.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer